THREE EASY STEPS
1. Work with a qualified contractor from one of the following lists to choose the right products
and services for your home and obtain a quote:
- Weatherization Improvement or Home Performance Contractors (air sealing, insulation, etc.)
- Heating System Contractors (high efficiency oil and propane boilers/furnaces and in some cases, natural gas boilers/furnaces)
- Cold Climate Heat Pump Contractors
- Advanced Modern Wood Heating System Installers (central wood pellet boilers and furnaces)
- Solar Domestic Hot Water System Installers
2. Fill out the Heat Saver Loan “Project Verification Form”.
3. Complete the financing and funding with the lender of your
- High efficiency oil or propane furnaces and boilers (and in certain cases, natural gas furnaces/boilers)
- Cold-climate heat pumps
- Central wood pellet systems
- Solar domestic hot water systems
- Weatherization improvements
- Health and safety measures and repairs needed for the specific type of approved thermal system and energy efficiency measures (up to 50% of the total project cost for these measures and repairs is eligible for financing)
Update: The Heat Saver Loan program is transitioning to Efficiency Vermont beginning in January 2018. Heat Saver Loans approved by 4:30 p.m. on December 31, 2017 and closed before 4:30 p.m. on March 1, 2018 will qualify for the original program terms as described at this website.
Beginning on January 1, 2018, loans will be reviewed under new program terms established by Efficiency Vermont. Please visit https://www.efficiencyvermont.com/services/financing/homes/heat-saver-loan for details.